Please CLICK HERE if you have arrived at this page and would like to pay for a package received in the post.
MFPA is committed to processing personal information about its customers in ways that comply with its legal and regulatory obligations, and to being clear with customers about what it does with their personal information.
This Policy explains how we use any personal information we may collect about you when you use our website or when you use or are a recipient of our services.
Personal information MFPA may collect about you
MFPA may collect personal information which we receive when:
- you use our website;
- you use our services;
- you contact us; or
- you are a recipient of our services.
This may include information:
- which you provide where you
- complete one of our forms or receipts;
- enter information on our MFPA website;
- contact MFPA directly in writing or by phone or which is recorded on mail or parcels sent to you by MFPA .
- We may collect the following types of information:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used;
- information collected through your use of MFPA websites;
- details of any enquiry or complaint you make to MFPA; or
- information about the mail or parcels sent to you by MFPA;
Why MFPA collects personal information
We may contact you either by post, email or telephone. Primarily as customer service following up on any issues with an order or to answer any questions you may have. MFPA collects your personal information to:
- provide customers with products or services;
- enhance or improve customers' experience of our products and services and our websites;
- improve and develop its services;
- meet its legal and regulatory obligations.
How MFPA collects personal information
MFPA collects personal information:
- directly from customers: e.g. when a customer signs up to receive our services or registers on a MFPA website or by post or phone;
- from third parties e.g. when we acquire third party marketing lists or information from reputable organisations; or
- when products or services are provided together with a business partner and the information is collected by the business partner in order for MFPA to provide you with the product or service.
Who sees the personal information MFPA holds
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who perform functions on our behalf such as shipping, fulfilling orders, processing payments (please also see section on Additional Third Party Disclosures). These companies are not authorized to use your information in any manner, other than in helping us to provide you with products and services or as otherwise required by applicable law. You also acknowledge and agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to conform to any requirements of law or to comply with any legal process, to prevent and detect fraud and to protect and defend our rights and property.
Customer’s personal information may be provided:
- for the purpose or sending our packs only, to direct mailing houses, Canada Post or other reputable couriers;
- where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information to them in order to provide the services;
- for the prevention of fraud against MFPA, third parties and customers;
- for the purposes of identity verification;
- where products and services are provided to third parties by MFPA e.g. for the purposes of identity verification and fraud prevention, and it is necessary to disclose information to them in order to provide the service;
- Other third parties (including the police, law enforcement agencies, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies) to protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety;
- to exchange information to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks; or in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
Disclosure of personal information required by law
MFPA may be required to disclose certain personal information because it is required by law or for the purposes of legal proceedings.
Additional Third-Party Disclosure
Occasionally, we do trade or sell our mailing lists to other reputable organizations for mailing or marketing purposes.
Should you not wish for us to trade or sell your information to any third-party organization for marketing purposes, you may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address or call Jason Braungart on our toll free number 1-866-637-2226.
Sensitive personal information
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect sensitive personal information from individuals, and you must not submit sensitive personal information to us.
If, however, you inadvertently or intentionally transmit sensitive personal information to us, we will use and process your sensitive personal information for the purposes of deleting it.
Keeping personal information safe and secure
MFPA is committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure your information and to protect it against unauthorized or unlawful use and accidental loss or destruction, including:
- only sharing and providing access to your information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to confidentiality restrictions where appropriate, and on an anonymized basis wherever possible;
- using secure servers to store your information;
- verifying the identity of any individual who requests access to information prior to granting them access to information;
Submission and Storage of Credit Card Details
Credit Card information sent via mail is securely stored until which time;
- An order has been shipped and received by the customer, pending any amendments or adjustments to said order.
- The transaction and any queries are deemed complete
After this point, all credit card details are destroyed.
Credit Card information transmitted either online or via telephone is not stored by MFPA for any period of time longer than it is required.
Transmission of information by email
Transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure, and if you submit any information to us over the internet (whether by email, via our website or any other means), you do so entirely at your own risk.
We cannot be responsible for any costs, expenses, loss of profits, harm to reputation, damages, liabilities or any other form of loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your decision to transmit information to us by such means.
How long we store personal information
MFPA will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation, unless a customer expressly wishes to no longer receive our mailings and/or correspondence. Such requests can be made by emailing email@example.com with the subject “Discontinue Mailings” or by calling our toll-free number 1-866-637-2226.
Criteria for retention
We will retain your information for no longer than necessary, taking into account the following:
- the purpose(s) and use of your information both now and in the future (such as whether it is necessary to continue to store that information in order to continue to perform our obligations under a contract with you or to contact you in the future);
- whether we have any legal obligation to continue to process your information (such as any record-keeping obligations imposed by relevant law or regulation);
- whether we have any legal basis to continue to process your information (such as your consent);
- how valuable your information is (both now and in the future);
- any relevant agreed industry practices on how long information should be retained;
- the levels of risk, cost and liability involved with us continuing to hold the information;
- how hard it is to ensure that the information can be kept up to date and accurate; and
- any relevant surrounding circumstances (such as the nature and status of our relationship with you).
Specific retention periods:
Order information: when you place an order for goods and services, we may retain that information for as long as appropriately necessary to fulfill, package and ship that order as well as any additional record keeping required to ensure completion of services and inventory maintenance.
Correspondence and enquiries: when you make an enquiry or contact us by email or via our contact form, we will retain your information for as long as it takes to respond to and resolve your enquiry.
Keeping personal information accurate
MFPA will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, MFPA relies on customers to ensure that some of the information it holds about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage customers to inform MFPA of any changes to their information by contacting our office at (416) 362-9992 or toll free 1-866-637-2226, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to personal information
MFPA provides customers with access to their personal information and the opportunity to amend and update their details or preferences (including consent to receive marketing communications) in order to keep the information up-to-date and accurate.
Right to unsubscribe
In accordance with fair business practices, we have and continue always to offer customers to unsubscribe from further mailings at any time. Please see ‘How to contact us’ for more details, or email us directly at email@example.com with the subject line “Discontinue Mailings”.
A customer may allow MFPA to provide them with information about products and services from MFPA, which may be of interest to them. You agree to receive marketing information:
- from MFPA about our products and services by choosing not to opt-out on your registration form for a MFPA website or service.
- from MFPA about its similar products and services where you provide your details in the course of purchase or negotiations for the purchase of a product or service.
Changing your marketing preferences
You can change marketing preferences at any time by contacting our office at (416) 362-9992 or toll free 1-866-637-2226, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web server log information
We use a third-party server to host our website. Our website server automatically logs the IP address you use to access our website as well as other information about your visit such as the pages accessed, information requested, the date and time of the request, the source of your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL (link) which referred you to our website), and your browser version and operating system.
Our server is located in North America.
Use of website server log information for IT security purposes
Our third-party hosting provider stores server logs to ensure network and IT security and so that the server and website remain uncompromised. This includes analyzing log files to help identify and prevent unauthorized access to our network, the distribution of malicious code, denial of services attacks and other cyber-attacks, by detecting unusual or suspicious activity.
Unless we are investigating suspicious or potential criminal activity, we do not make, nor do we allow our website server provider to make any attempt to identify you from the information collected via server logs.
We have a legal obligation to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of our processing of information about individuals. Recording access to our website using server log files is such a measure.
We have a legitimate interest in using your information for the purposes of ensuring network and information security.
How to contact us
Customers with queries or complaints relating to products or services provided by MFPA can contact MFPA Customer Services for assistance at email@example.com or 1-866-637-2226.
For requests, complaints or queries relating to the use of your personal information please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-637-2226.
To contact the team, please write to:
MPFA – Mouth and Foot Painting Artists
Phone: (416) 362-9992
Fax (416) 362-8053
Toll Free: 1-866-637-2226